[chrony-users] Enabling xleave on clients talking to servers that don't support it
Chris Perl
2017-08-17 13:30:57 UTC
I suspect the answer to this is, "its fine", but I wanted to double check.

I'm migrating some time servers from the reference ntp implementation to
chrony. The clients talking to these servers are already running chrony.

Once the servers are running chrony, I'm going to want to enable the
`xleave' option on the clients. But, it would be easier for me if I could
just go enable xleave on all the clients now. Then they could just start
using it when they are able to, once the servers have been replaced with
chrony.

Does it have any negative impact on the timekeeping to enable the `xleave'
option for a server that does not support that option (specifically if the
server is the ntp reference implementation)?
Miroslav Lichvar
2017-08-17 13:56:54 UTC
Post by Chris Perl
Does it have any negative impact on the timekeeping to enable the `xleave'
option for a server that does not support that option (specifically if the
server is the ntp reference implementation)?
No, there is no impact. It's fine :).
--
Miroslav Lichvar
with "help" in the subject.